Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Some Comments from the Author of Another Year in Oman about his Book

Another Year in Oman: Between Iraq and a Hard Place

by Matthew D. Heines



     I think most will agree that there are few things that can get your mind off of your own mental anguish and heartache like a good war, and that was the original premise for Another Year in Oman: Between Iraq and a Hard Place. Although at its face, it does look suspicious as a very obvious attempt to cash in on the success of My Year in Oman, but I can assure the skeptical reader that the book is not a sequel and from its inception, was meant to be part of a series, of which there are three books.

     By my second year in Oman, I had found things were going to be much different than the first year. That was a hard pill to swallow when the first year had been so good. But, I said to myself that I was in a beautiful country with lots of beautiful women, and I bet I can find another one pretty easily. This is the story of how that worked out.

Matthew D. Heines

No comments:

Post a Comment